- Ibiza is a bona fide UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Wham’s video for “Club Tropicana” was filmed at Pike’s on the island, which was also Freddie Mercury’s favourite haunt.
- The correct pronunciation of the island’s name is “Evissa”.
- Ibiza attracts nearly six million tourists per year, and Ibiza airport handles more than 57,000 flights per year.
- Ibiza has the world’s biggest nightclub, Privilege, which holds up to 11,000 punters. However, the super club began life as a community swimming pool.
- According to legend, Nostradamus predicted that due to the unique winds around the island, Ibiza could be the only place to survive an impending nuclear holocaust…Good to know!
- The settlers who originally founded Ibiza dedicated it to Bes – the God of Music and Dance, not the one from the Happy Mondays.
As well as the nightlife hotspots that Ibiza has become famous for, the island is also blessed with areas of unspoiled natural beauty, traditional charm, and of course, absolutely breath-taking beaches. For a quieter time away from the pitch, Ibiza town is chock full of history and culture, while across the rest of the island you’ll be met with beautiful views of lush greenery and traditional architecture. Ibiza really is the island that has it all.